Saturday, March 19, 2011

bittersweet

My daughter has graduated from college and will be leaving home to live far, far away and I'm going to miss her like crazy. When she graduated high school I made an altered book of memories for her.  I say for her, but really it was for me too.  It took me a year to make.  She was already in college as I was working away on it.  It represents all my hopes and dreams for her, all my love.  As corny as it may sound, it felt like a prayer.  Every element in the book has a meaning behind it, a memory it awakens and I got to relive it all through the making of the book.  
Here's a peek at some of it.






 
 
 
 

 
The book has become a tradition in our house.  My son is graduating high school in June.  I look forward to the year of reliving memories as I create his book.

This parenting thing is bittersweet.

No comments: