Saturday, March 5, 2011

one woman's fashion...


is another woman's thrift store find.

Just listed this in my shop and decided it was a great tie in to this website I found.  I think I may be the last person to have heard about it but just in case I'm not, it's called New Dress a Day and it is so clever and awesome I just had to mention it.

Marisa Lynch's idea is simple, to remake a thrift store find for $1 into something hip and cool and to do this every day for a year.  First of all, I love the idea of challenging yourself to do something, whatever it might be, everyday for a year and documenting it in this way so you are accountable.  But what I think I like best about this website is Marisa's sense of humor.  Check out the before and after photos. The faces that she makes in some of the before photos while wearing some of the ugliest clothes ever, are great.  They are honest and funny, like family pictures and I just love that.

Oh yeah, and the things she re-makes are pretty awesome too.  Thanks Marisa for saving us from some hideous fashion. 

No comments: