Saturday, March 12, 2011

sister diane and ginger, company while painting

I decided to paint my living room, well I should say I decided to start with the living room.  Both the inside and out desperately need some love, but since it's only 30 degrees today and some of the icicles still hanging from my roof look like they could kill someone, the inside is where we begin.

So I had heard about a website called Craftypod and Sister Diane.  I am not terribly computer savvy so I had asked my son, who really is, to download some of her podcasts (first I had to ask him what a podcast was).  Then we discovered that you can listen to them right from her website.  So with paintbrush in hand, I clicked play.  Now, I realize many of you have probably already heard about Sister Diane but this was a first for me and I have to say, I just love her.  From the sound of her voice, the music she uses, to the content, I'm hooked.  Such great information and practical advice in such a creative way.  Really love it.

I started with a couple of her newer ones, Craftypod 125 - Talking SEO with Cory Huff,  (raise your hand if you knew that seo stands for search engine optimization) and 119 - Why Should You Plan Your Blog Posts Ahead? (now I know, but will I actually do it?)  If you are like me and have apparently been living under a rock, and haven't yet heard of Sister Diane, then get your butt over there to check it out!  If you know her already, then you know what I'm talking about.

I've decided to go back and start with Sister Diane's first podcast. After all, I have a lot of painting to do.

Now if only Ginger, the wonder dog, had opposable thumbs.




No comments: