Saturday, March 26, 2011

day dreaming

It's been one of those weeks.  You know, where you feel like you're just keeping your head above water, only to wake up this morning to find that the scent of oil in the air you've been smelling for a couple of days now, is in fact a problem and not just your imagination.  It means that the oil burner is breaking, about to turn off and leave you with no heat.  Of course it is Saturday and the repairman will be getting time and a half.

I do try not to get too cranky (my kids might see things differently) and not to let things bother me too much but sometimes it all feels very heavy.  

I picked up this collection of matchbooks at an auction a while ago.  I was just fascinated with these mini advertisements of restaurants, bars and motels from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Utah, Mexico, New Orleans...  I imagine them to be a road map of a time gone by and today I'm day dreaming of taking a road trip with my kids in a new car (that has no transmission problems) and hitting every stop on the matchbook trail.  Especially Terry's Waffle Shop.


 


And here's a piece I added to my shop









No comments: